Friday, March 30, 2012

Ear tubes

March 20th: 6:45am Bella was all ready to go for surgery to get tubes in her ears. She didn't cry when the nurses took her away, just hugged her. After surgery they had me hold her while she was coming off the anesthetic. The nurses warned me she may scream, but she just looked so peaceful. Right after that she screamed for 20 minutes. They say anesthetic does that to kids! The night before the surgery they said she was not to eat or drink. Well, Bella has been waking up anywhere from 3-8 times a night crying and wanting a drink. When I couldn't give her a bottle, she wouldn't stop crying. We spent the whole night up together. She slept a lot after surgery. A few days after she got a cold and she is back to waking up at night. Brien saw that I needed a little help so he took a sick day and has taken care of Bella for the past two nights so I can get a little sleep. I can't wait till she feels better. I know she must be miserable with the congestion. On the plus side, she can now hear so she has been trying to say a lot more words. Yesterday I asked her to get me a spoon and she went right to the silverware drawer and opened it. I had no idea she was understanding so much of what I am saying! SO COOL. She must also be going through an attachment phase. She only wants me to hold her all the time, which I love because she gives hugs and kisses and then pats me on the back. Makes every moment of motherhood count!

No comments:

Post a Comment