Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween church party

Oct 29th: We went to my parents house to let Brien sleep in peace at our house since he is working graveyards. I had begged Josh to dress up as a water cooler, but he refused. Turns out my niece needed a costume and she agreed and was excited about making a water cooler costume!!

As cute as the store costumes are, I just can't get myself to purchase a halloween costume. One of my mottos is "money can buy pretty much anything, except creativity". I LOVE working with the kids and coming up with creative, original costumes that we can have fun making together. It is so much fun to create. Josh was going to be a lego man, but then he came home last week and said he wanted to be a scuba diver. His costume cost all of $6.00. We purchase sponges, spray pain, tubing, and nylon straps. Bella's costume cost $3.50. I purchased the fabric, traced one of her sleepers and sewed this shiny green outfit. My mom help me with the flower. Abby the water cooler=FREE! With a few boxes, paint, duct tape, and a water jug, this costume was a hit. My parents helped with her costume. We made it in about 1 hour. I don't care for the candy, but Halloween is definitely one of the most creative holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment