Sunday, October 16, 2011

A Fabulous Day!


October 15, 2011. Today is the day Annibella was sealed to us in the Seattle, WA temple. The adoption agency that we all used was LDS Family services, which is part of our church. Latter-Day Saints believe in the importance of families and that families will continue after this life. I love this truth.
Bella's dress was made by my friend Mot who is from Thailand. It is all Thai Silk. I made the flowers and the shoes. She looked like a little cupcake. I posted so many pictures because I couldn't choose just 1 favorite.

If you go to www.lds.org or www.mormon.org you can learn more about sealings. Here is a little definition from the one of the website: in the temple, a husband and wife can have an ordinance performed that helps them be together forever. This is called a sealing or a temple marriage. If a couple is married outside the temple for this life only, they can go to the temple and be sealed so that they can remain married for eternity. Their children can be sealed to them and are then a part of their family forever. This special blessing is given only to those who are sealed in the temple and keep the promises they make there.

Also the website www.itsaboutlove.org is also a good resource to learn about the agency we used and insight into the adoption process.




1 comment:

  1. I just realized I responded to your post on my blog but it's not like facebook so you never would have known I wrote you back...I won't be sick of you guys! I am so excited for you guys to come visit! I've tried calling you but you are never home. I was wondering if you need me to round up a port-a-crib for Bella? So have you guys made any plans for your California trip or should I make some plans too? Let me know. I'm so bummed I missed the sealing, the pictures were adorable. I will definitely need help with Thanksgiving, I've never cooked a turkey.

    ReplyDelete